Sunday, January 10, 2010

Neighbor Randy's Birthday


My parents' neighborhood is strange... Everyone talks to each other, we all throw barbecues and so on. The neighbor straight across from my parents, Randy, is sort of a fixture; he's always there to help out when anyone needs it, and this weekend was his birthday (50th!) so the neighborhood threw him a party. It was neat; we all got plastered and played poker. To be honest, I had never played poker before- I would have done a much better job of learning the game if I hadn't been 60% of the way through a bottle of Bushmills. I had a few good hands, but things like probability and reading people faded pretty quickly; when I got tired of playing I shed my chips over the course of 4 hands so as not to be obvious about it and excused myself. I guess it's a fun game, but I should learn how to play properly before going back into a game like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment